APRIL 7 PLANNING AND ORGANIZING MEETING
11:00AM - 2:00PM, Saturday, April 7th | SOUTHEAST LIBRARY at Semoran and Hoffner, 5575 S. Semoran Blvd 32822
The ultimate purpose of this meeting is to assess our activities since the beginning of the year and set the agenda for the remainder of the year. However, within the broader meeting, different groups will have different areas of focus. Those groups are:
- those who are not students or are students who participate in UNA-Orlando activities without pursuing an internship
- those who are current or future college interns
- those who are high school or middle school students who are current or prospective members of their school's Model UN club and/or are interested in participating in the newly developed UNA-Orlando K-12 Community Engagement program
THE NEW NEIGHBORS PROJECT
For everybody, much of our focus will be on how we will organize the next event related to our New Neighbors Project. In the past our New Neighbors events have focused on newly arrived refugees. For this next one, we will expand our focus to include anyone who has arrived here recently for any reason from anywhere in the world. Wether they are technically designated as refugees, immigrants, migrants, or a transplant from another state, if they are new here, our goal will be to introduce them to each other and to long-time Orlando residents as neighbors.
For Spring 2018 college interns, this meeting will be an opportunity to assess current progress towards completing their internship and making sure that all forms are signed and all the logistics of the internship are settled. For Summer or Fall interns, it will be an opportunity to become more familiar with UNA-Orlando and get a sense of what to expect.
Also, it would be very helpful to have current and past interns were to use their experience to help further develop the UNA-Orlando internship program. This is still a new project. There is a lot that needs to be done to ensure that every student receives the experience that matches their academic and career interests.
MODEL UN / K-12 COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
For high school and middle school students who are currently members of a Model UN club or will be involved with Model UN in the future, this will be an opportunity to help organize a final Model UN event before the end of the 2017-2018 school year and to help sent the agenda for the 2018-2019 school year. For any high school and middle school student, wether they are Model UN members or not, this meeting will have information available pertaining to the development of our K-12 Community Engagement program.
Additional Meeting Information:
- There is no food allowed in the room. Have a late breakfast or early lunch prior to the meeting.
- The official meeting time is 11a-2p, but the room will be available from 10:30-3:30. You are welcome to arrive at any time or leave at any time.
- Bring your laptop or other devices for access to the internet during the meeting.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THE APRIL 7 PLANNING AND ORGANIZING MEETING