THE UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
planning and organizing committee
tuesday, march 12 update
It has been difficult to keep everyone informed. I know that is annoying for people to wait days in a row for me to provide them information they need.
With that in mind, I created a Spring 2019 Interns Navigation Page. The intent of this page is to have links to pages pertinent to interns all collected together in one location. Links included on this page are:
- 2019 Spring Internship: Student Agenda, which is meant to give an overview of what every student can expect from their UNA-Orlando participatation
- REPORT YOUR HOURS AND ACTIVITY
- STUDENT AGREEMENT FORM, which students can complete at any time to reflect changes in their situation
- CONNECT WITH OTHER INTERNS AND UNA-ORLANDO MEMBERS: ONLINE MEETINGS | SOCIAL MEDIA | ON-CAMPUS MEETINGS
- WEBSITE MANAGEMENT: Help to Update our Featured Issues Pages and Crisis Situations Pages: PAGE MANAGERS | CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS
- Participate in the Planning and Organizing of Upcoming Events
I feel like I have completed or mostly completed the navigation page itself and all the pages that are can be accessed from the navigation page. I would love some feedback on this.
If you think of any situations that would require a link on the navigation page, let me know. Also, if you notice that the navigation page has any functional glitches, let me know. Lastly, if you notice problems with the pages that will be accessed from the nav. page links, or if you recognize potential improvements, let me know.
The UNA-Orlando website has been revamped. Based on the activity of dozens of new authors and administrators, it has become clear that different issues can be managed differently and that all of the issues can be managed differently than they have been until now.
The process of revamping the website is probably 90% complete. It might be fully complete by tomorrow morning (3/13).
Many of the changes to the website might be confusing to the Page Managers. In an effort to inform the existing page mangers, I have created a Page Managers Navigation page. Links on the page include:
- Weebly Login Instructions
- Basic Weebly Instructions
- Page Management Instructions
Work on the Page Management page is only about 30% complete. The intent is to have that fully completed by tomorrow morning as well (3/13).
Our next Model UN event is scheduled for March 30th at Windermere Prep. Students are now in the process of requesting Country Assignments and they are doing their research to prepare for their participation.
The event is limited to middle school and high school students. However, selected college students will be allowed to attend if they would like to provide guidance and support to the younger students.
APRIL 6TH, PUBLIC FORUMS, AND OTHER EVENTS
Despite ongoing efforts, locations for these have not been reserved.
WEEKLY ON-CAMPUS MEETINGS
As mentioned to the UCF students, I am extremely happy with the success of last semester's on-campus meetings and with the continuation of the meetings this semester. I would love to see the same thing happen at Valencia and Rollins, even if it isn't necessarily face-to-face meetings on campus but meetings held using Google Meet or Discord.
Don't be afraid to reach out to me if you have questions about how to make this happen among the Rollins students and among the Valencia students.
THE UNA-USA ANNUAL MEETING / LEADERSHIP SUMMIT IN WASHINGTON DC
A date has been set. Use the button below to learn more about it. Registration costs are:
- UNA Regular Member - Early Bird $205
- Non-UNA Member - Early Bird
- UNA Member Young Professional (Ages 26-39) - Early Bird $165
- Youth (Ages 25 and Under) - Early Bird $30