INSTRUCTIONS: BASIC WEEBLY
LOGGING INTO WEEBLY
- Open Weebly: https://www.weebly.com
- Click the ‘LOG IN’ button in the upper right corner of the Weebly page.
- Enter Log In information using your own email and the password that you chose when you received the email from Weebly.
- Click the 'Edit Site' button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Notice the "Build" and "Pages" tabs at the top of the screen.
In "Pages" mode, you will see a list of all the website's pages, including the page or pages that you are authorized to edit. Scroll down, find your page, and click the link to open the page.
In "Build" mode, you will see a list of tools that you will use to add, delete, and manage the content on the page. It is likely that the only tools you will need are:
ADDING AND WORKING WITH TEXT
- Open "Build" mode by clicking the "Build" tab in the top left of your screen.
- Add text by dragging the Text tool from the tool bar to the location where you want your text to be.
- Delete an entire text field by hovering over the field and clicking the red X that appears.
- Edit or format text using the black toolbox that appears above the text field while your cursor is in the field. Hover over each tool to see what their purpose is.
- Move text within a page using the grab bar in the top-middle of the text field.
- Copy an entire text field by hovering over the text field and clicking "Copy" from the pop-up window.
- Use the Bold, Italic, and Underline feature to alter the text. Use the + and - features to raise or lower the text size. Use the color feature (underlined capital A). Create a hyperlink by selecting the text that will become the link, clicking the "Create Link" tool from the tool bar, and then copy/pasting the URL into the link field. Align the text on the left, in the center, or the right using the alignment feature (horizontal lines). Bullets and Numbers features are towards the end of the mini-toolbar.
- To move or copy a text field, enter your cursor into the text field, then choose "Move" or "Copy" from the menu. "Move" will place the text at the top of another page of the UNA-Orlando website while removing it from its current place on the original page. "Copy" will place the text on a separate page but will also keep the original text on the original page.
- To delete the entire text field, hover your cursor over the text field. Notice the red X in the upper-right corner of the field. Click the X.
ADDING AND WORKING WITH IMAGES
- Add images by dragging the Image tool from the tool bar in "Build" mode.
- Click in the area around the grey UPLOAD IMAGE icon.
- Click the green "Upload a Photo from your Computer" button.
- Hover over the image field to delete or copy the image or to drag the image to a different location on the page. Notice when you drag an image or text that you can form columns and rows. Also, notice that you can place text and images in a single field if you drag one over the other and then drop it.
- Edit the image by clicking it and using the available editing tools that appear.
- To move or copy an image, enter your cursor into the image field, then choose "Move" or "Copy" from the menu. "Move" will place the text at the top of another page of the UNA-Orlando website while removing it from its current place on the original page. "Copy" will place the text on a separate page but will also keep the original text on the original page.
- To delete the entire image field, hover your cursor over the image field. Notice the red X in the upper-right corner of the field. Click the X.
ADDING AND WORKING WITH DIVIDERS AND SPACERS
- Drag the "Divider" tool to place a line onto the page. Drag the "Spacer" tool to place a space onto the page.
- To alter the space above and below the line, click your cursor into the "Divider" field.
- To alter the size of the space that was created by the "Spacer" tool, hover your cursor over the "Spacer" field, grab the bottom-middle edge of the field and increase or shrink the size of the space.