As a Page Manager, your role is to build the page using the content that has previously been submitted or using content of your own that you find on the Internet. Regarding previously submitted content, you will analyze the content that is currently held at the bottom of the page to determine whether it is suitable for the page or not. If it is NOT suitable, or if it is a duplicate or redundant, delete it (it is saved elsewhere). If it IS suitable, move it into the Learning Resources section where it belongs.
In addition to determining the suitability of each content submission, you should also organize submissions by type. Keep articles together, keep videos together, and so on.
Each page should follow the same style format, meaning that all the pages will resemble each other. The basic format is (top to bottom):
- Banner Photo across the top of the page
- Page Title / Title of Featured Issue or Crisis Situation
- Introduction (1-5 paragraphs / 80-200 words)
- Learning Resources
See the 2018 GUN VIOLENCE page for a simple example for what a completed page should look like.
LOGGING INTO WEEBLY
- Open Weebly: https://www.weebly.com
- Click the ‘LOG IN’ button in the upper right corner of the Weebly page.
- Enter Log In information using your own email and the password that you chose when you received the email from Weebly.
- Click the 'Edit Site' button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Notice the "Build" and "Pages" tabs at the top of the screen.
In "Pages" mode, you will see a list of all the website's pages, including the page or pages that you are authorized to edit. Scroll down, find your page, and click the link to open the page.
In "Build" mode, you will see a list of tools that you will use to add, delete, and manage the content on the page. It is likely that the only tools you will need are:
ADDING AND WORKING WITH TEXT
- Open "Build" mode by clicking the "Build" tab in the top left of your screen.
- Add text by dragging the Text tool from the tool bar to the location where you want your text to be.
- Delete an entire text field by hovering over the field and clicking the red X that appears.
- Edit or format text using the black toolbox that appears above the text field while your cursor is in the field. Hover over each tool to see what their purpose is.
- Move text within a page using the grab bar in the top-middle of the text field.
- Copy an entire text field by hovering over the text field and clicking "Copy" from the pop-up window.
- Use the Bold, Italic, and Underline feature to alter the text. Use the + and - features to raise or lower the text size. Use the color feature (underlined capital A). Create a hyperlink by selecting the text that will become the link, clicking the "Create Link" tool from the tool bar, and then copy/pasting the URL into the link field. Align the text on the left, in the center, or the right using the alignment feature (horizontal lines). Bullets and Numbers features are towards the end of the mini-toolbar.
- To move or copy a text field, enter your cursor into the text field, then choose "Move" or "Copy" from the menu. "Move" will place the text at the top of another page of the UNA-Orlando website while removing it from its current place on the original page. "Copy" will place the text on a separate page but will also keep the original text on the original page.
- To delete the entire text field, hover your cursor over the text field. Notice the red X in the upper-right corner of the field. Click the X.
ADDING AND WORKING WITH IMAGES
- Add images by dragging the Image tool from the tool bar in "Build" mode.
- Click in the area around the grey UPLOAD IMAGE icon.
- Click the green "Upload a Photo from your Computer" button.
- Hover over the image field to delete or copy the image or to drag the image to a different location on the page. Notice when you drag an image or text that you can form columns and rows. Also, notice that you can place text and images in a single field if you drag one over the other and then drop it.
- Edit the image by clicking it and using the available editing tools that appear.
- To move or copy an image, enter your cursor into the image field, then choose "Move" or "Copy" from the menu. "Move" will place the text at the top of another page of the UNA-Orlando website while removing it from its current place on the original page. "Copy" will place the text on a separate page but will also keep the original text on the original page.
- To delete the entire image field, hover your cursor over the image field. Notice the red X in the upper-right corner of the field. Click the X.
ADDING AND WORKING WITH DIVIDERS AND SPACERS
- Drag the "Divider" tool to place a line onto the page. Drag the "Spacer" tool to place a space onto the page.
- To alter the space above and below the line, click your cursor into the "Divider" field.
- To alter the size of the space that was created by the "Spacer" tool, hover your cursor over the "Spacer" field, grab the bottom-middle edge of the field and increase or shrink the size of the space.
MOVING CONTENT AROUND THE PAGE
- Hover your cursor over a text, image, or other field. Notice the rectangle along the top-middle edge of the field.
- Click and hold that rectangle to move the content higher or lower on the page or to place it into columns.
- Highlight the Title/Headline line, which is the top line. Notice the mini-toolbar that appears.
- Use the following process to treat the Title/Headline: 1) click the Bold feature, 2) click the + sign, then 3) click the link sign which is the "chain link" image to the right of the underlined 'A'.
- From the "Link" menu, choose the "Website URL" option.
- Paste the link into the "Internet URL" field.
ADDING AND WORKING WITH YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- Copy the video's URL/link/web address from the Internet.
- Drag the YouTube video from the toolbox in "Build" mode.
- Click your cursor into the YouTube field.
- From the menu, notice the "YouTube Video URL" field. Place your cursor into the "YouTube Video URL" field and paste the URL/link/web address.
CHANGING THE BANNER PHOTO AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
- Click the banner.
- Click the "Edit Background" button.
- Click the "Replace" button
- Click the green button that reads, "Upload a photo from your computer."
- Choose a photo from your computer.
- Click the green "Save" button from the top-right corner.
- Click the "Publish" button.