THE UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
This page is under construction. Once complete, the page will provide the following:
- an online meetings schedule
- opportunities to connect with other interns and UNA-Orlando members through social media
- a schedule of on-campus meetings
The purpose of the online meetings is to create a virtual environment where interns and UNA-Orlando members can engage with each other and gain a better understanding of any particular issue.
The online meetings will be held using the Google Meet application, which is part of our Google for Non-Profits suite. The process for each meeting will be the same:
- During the days leading up to an online meeting, those planning to attend should research the issue using quality sources of information
- At any point where you an article, video, or other information is found on the Internet, that information should be shared with others using the Content Submission form. (NOTE: every Featured Issues page has a link to the Content Submission form)
- During the day prior to the meeting, a reminder email will be sent
- 30 minutes prior to a meeting, a link to the Google Meet window will be sent
In addition to the Google Meet application, UNA-Orlando also maintains a presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Also, more recently, we have begun using Discord, which is a communication tool that is similar to Slack. Closer to the start of the upcoming semester, specific details will be provided for each of these applications.
Separate from regular UNA-Orlando activities, over the past several semesters, a group of UCF students has held a schedule of online meetings that are reserved for the interns only. The meetings are held weekly on-campus at UCF with a different topic of discussion each week.
More details will be provided soon for the weekly UCF interns meetings. At the same time, an effort will be made to begin weekly online meetings at other schools, primarily Rollins and Valencia.