SUMMER 2019 FEATURED ISSUES PAGE UPDATES: LINK ACTIVATION - Section FOUR
Notice that there are three lines to each submission and they are all black, which means that there are no activated links. Next, using the Indigenous Peoples page as an example, notice that the submissions have two lines with the top line being purple, which means that the top line is an activated link.
To maintain a consistent look throughout all the pages, the instructions for activating links are as follows:
- select/highlight the bottom line (the URL) making sure that you do not capture blank spaces at the end
- copy the URL
- select/highlight the top line (the content title)
- notice the tool bar above the text
- a) click the 'B' for bold... b) click the '+' to raise the text 1X... c) click the hyperlink tool (looks like a link of a chain)
- choose "Website URL" from the menu
- paste your content URL into the "INSERT URL" field
- click the "Open in New Window" button (or ensure that it is clicked)
- once the top-line link has been activated (the text is purple), delete the bottom-line URL, leaving only two lines
- If you see that the text in the lines has additional characters, delete them or replace them with the proper characters (Weebly has trouble with quotation marks and with accent marks and special characters from non-English languages).
- Check to see that there are no empty spaces at the end of the URL (after copy/pasting the URL into the field, a lot of the submissions can have empty spaces at the end that will keep the link from working).
- If the title (first line) is too long, you can truncate the title as long as it still makes sense.
- If you notice that a submission is a YouTube video, you do not need to activate the link.